PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, March 21, 2016

The Beauty of Unconditional Love

My daughter-in-law has asked me for another memory box in which to place keepsakes of my newest grandson. Since I had already created a memory box for her, I decided that the next one would be for Jonathan's daddy. I think there is nothing as beautiful as the unconditional love that a parent can give their children. No matter what toll the terrible two's, thrilling three's or heart-wrenching teens take on parents, their love is everlasting.
So my memory box was created with the Path of Positivity's challenge theme of Beauty this month. I colored up a digital image from Sami Stamps called Daddy's Kisses and placed it in a photo flip pocket, so that when the pocket is flipped, you can place another photo on the other side, like below.
I took an over-sized photo box and Mod Podged it with lovely royal blue tissue papers for the bottom, and black & white herringbone for the cover. Coordinating ribbon embellish my photo and my sentiment, while stars adorn the top of the box. I plan to add more to the sides of the memory box before giving it to my son and his wife.

Meanwhile, we have reached the midway point of this month's theme of Beauty at the Path of Positivity challenge blog. Show us what you think Beauty is in a card, layout, canvas, photography or essay. We have two sponsors this month:

SPONSOR & PRIZE INFORMATION:
  • A $12 gift certificate from Sami Stamps, one of our guest sponsors this month, for the post or project that the DT deems most inspiring of the bunch.
  • A $15 gift certificate from Lunagirl, one of our guest sponsors this month, for a person chosen in a random draw based on all entrants.
  • One digital image from Creative Bug Digital SnapShots for each person chosen as a DT Delight.
There will also be:
  • A small selection of digital designer papers from Décosse's Dynamite Doodles for one lucky person who leaves a comment on posts published during the challenge time-frame.
  • One digital sentiment for every single person who enters the challenge.

1 comment:

ike said...

How wonderful and such a brilliant idea :-D xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx