PagesPat's Ponderings

Saturday, March 5, 2016

Healthy Lifestyle Starts Now, Part 3

To recap, I am participating in a week-long weight loss trial for Woman's World magazine. If you want to participate in any of their trials for women, contact bweissman@bauerpublsihing.com 

Day 5 journal entry:
"Sticking to the plan and getting in some biking paid off again. I'm down another pound! I also have more energy and find my sleep is deeper and not as much needed (up at 6:30 am without an alarm).
This plan has been surprisingly easy to follow, and last night I didn't dream about food! LOL I feel satisfied and what I'm eating is delicious, as I make all my meals myself using the guidelines, etc., from the diet plan. It's something that I can continue well past the trial end date, since it doesn't force me to "drink" my meals nor buy "pre-packaged" meals.
But I won't get ahead of myself. I am taking this day by day so that if I weigh in and haven't lost anything, I can keep my spirits and confidence up to continue on faith and results already experienced. And if I happen to "fall off the wagon" by eating an unhealthy meal, I promise myself to forgive and forget, getting right back on that wagon, as it is headed toward a better future for me."

Day 6 of my healthy journal
 You can't beat physics, and I'm living proof of a few laws of physics, such as "a body in motion tends to stay in motion." Once I kick-started my healthier lifestyle with this Weight Loss trial program, I not only paid attention to what I ate but how much I moved. The diet plan is working, but to get fantastic results, I added biking and strength-building exercises to my daily routine. Together, I am rocking this trial with another pound lost today. That's 6 pounds in six days! 

Another law of physics is "what goes in must come out." Since food is actually energy, it must be used up to "come out." If it doesn't, it turns to fat. So if you exercise and use up the energy you eat, you won't gain weight. If you exercise enough to burn more energy that you took in, you'll lose weight. On the downside if you don't exercise enough to use up that energy, you gain weight!
I think I will rename my journal from Healthy Lifestyle Journal to My Physics Journal.  LOL

Today is the last day of my trial, but I promise it will not be the last day of my new healthier lifestyle! Physics will help me keep moving, keep biking, keep losing weight and toning muscle. Healthy eating habits will let my body use up the energy I put into myself, which allows my body to shed pounds. 
My goal is to lose a pound a week until Christmas. I have a good start, and I am reaching my goal in a healthy and smart way. I'll  be checking in from time to time to let you know how my journey is playing out. Meanwhile, enjoy the weather as it changes over the weeks!

1 comment:

ike said...

Excellent - so pleased to hear that you are doing well :-D xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx