PagesPat's Ponderings

Friday, February 26, 2016

Handmade Backgrounds

I had a spare moment or 20 and decided to check out what all the hubbub was about making your own backgrounds with alcohol inks. I used some palette paper and squeezed a coupe drops of different colored inks on. After spraying lightly with water, I started pressing some pieces of glossy paper from my stash onto the palette paper.
Look at all the pretty papers I created! I especially like the large piece-so many possibilities there. I took one of the smaller pieces and created a card (shown above) using a freebie from Miss Rach. After coloring with Copics, I fussy-cut this little cutie. Before placing him on the card, I used a white gel pen and helped define some of the coral reef areas. After I set my tortoise to swimming, it was an easy matter to embellish with fibers, lace, charms and a spray of pearls. I think the sentiment is perfect for my card, don't you?

I try and stretch my comfort zone often enough to keep me on my toes. How about you? If you haven't already, I hope you get to try to make your own backgrounds, whether from alcohol inks, photography or other media.
Challenges I am Entering:
Alphabet challenges - Z is for Zoo Animals 
Through the Purple Haze - Make a Scene
Fan-tastic Tuesday challenges - Anything Goes w a Twist: Animals
Tuesday Throwdown challenges - Create Your Own Background
Crafting When We Can - Use a Digital stamp
Cre8tive Hands Friends challenges - Use a digital image

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I love your card and the papers you created are lovely.

Thank you for sharing your card on Cre8tive Hands Friends.

Have a wonderful day.

Ardilla said...

Great card!!!
I am learning at doing backgrounds and I love yours... great inspiration for me :)
Thanks for showing it at Cre8tive Hands Friends.
Ardilla

Anna said...

Great card!! :) Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck in the challenge.:)
Hugs Anna

Peggy T. said...

Great card. Love the sentiment. Thanks for taking the challenge with us at the Mod Squad Challenge

Peggy T.
Mod Squad DT

Unknown said...

I love your beach scene and it looks like you had lots of fun creating beautiful backgrounds. Thanks for entering the Make A Scene challenge at TTPH this fortnight, Jackie DT x