PagesPat's Ponderings

Thursday, August 27, 2015

Water Color Pencils

So, I decided to stretch my comfort zone with water color pencils. I think I need to watch some tutorials. LOL I've been experimenting in water color paints for a while now, but pencils? I learned that there is more control with pencils, but I like the chaos that results from the paints.
I also need to learn what happens when I use wet brush on wet paper, dry brush on wet paper, and wet brush on dry paper.Well, at least you can tell they're glass vases/bottles. LOL
I had planned on taking a drawing/water colors class at the community college. I bid on and won a free class there. But for the last year and a half there were no classes Iwas interested in that fit into my tight schedule. So I waited and waited and finally found this one. But the school closed for two weeks and then the grandbaby was born and I went to visit and help out and the next thing I know my certificate expired.
So I will continue to learn from YouTube, Pinterest and Google.Whatever your art form, have fun, crafters!
Challenges I am Entering:
Shopping our Stash - Splish, Splash (wet medium)
2 Crafty Girls challenges - Inspiration Board
Not Just Cards - Anything Goes
The Shabby Tea Room - Inspiration photo (I saw a vase with flowers)



6 comments:

Donna said...

Great job!! Thanks for playing along with the Shopping Our Stash crew for our "Splish Splash" challenge this week!

applejack cards by sue said...

I think you're coming along beautifully with your water colouring.. I'm looking forward to seeing how you progress. Thank you for sharing this with us over at Crafting with an Attitude. Sue DT xx

Diane said...

Beautifully created, so soft and pretty! Thank you for joining us at The Shabby Tea Room for our ABC-123 challenge!
Diane TSTR DT

Leslie Germain said...

So pretty!! Thanks for playing along with 2 Crafty Girls!!

Darlene said...

This is awesome Pat! Very artsy!! Thanks so much for joining our challenge at 2 Crafty Girls! We hope you’ll join us again real soon! Good Luck!
Darlene
2 CRAFTY GIRLS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Cara said...

very fun ... I love watercolors more than any medium ... you did great! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Through The Craft Room Door.
Warm Regards, Cara
Through The Craft Room Door {Owner}
TTCRD Challenge Blog
My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}