PagesPat's Ponderings

Friday, May 8, 2015

An Early Mother's Day Gift

My mom taught me several things as I was growing up, but the most important thing she taught me was a love of books. There were no boundaries when it came to reading, no "you're not old enough yet's."

So to celebrate just one of the many things I love about her and am grateful to her for sharing with me, I made her a bookmark. She doesn't have a Kindle, a Nook nor does her phone allow those kind of app's. She likes hard covers and paperbacks. And since shes just as busy as I am, she needs a bookmark to keep her place in between readings.
I colored up a free digi image from Tiddly Ink called Annie, using my Copics and some Sakura diamond gel pen for a little sparkle. Then I fussy-cut her and placed her on a piece of patterned paper I found while rummaging in my re-discovered box of paper.
(Sad note, peeps: While organizing my craft room before my granddaughter's sleepover this weekend, I discovered yet another photo storage box stuffed with papers. I need serious therapy!)
Anyway, I trimmed the bookmark with thin gold stickers, added some silver outline flowers, stamped a few butterflies and popped on a vellum punched butterfly.
To give it more character, I used a Stampin Up punch to cut a rounded slit in the top of the bookmark to slip onto the top of a book's page. In the photo, it's behind that half-moon sliver. Above that, I punched a tiny hole and slipped a tassel to the top. Since it will sit between book pages, I needed to keep it clean and simple.
And the first of my handmade presents is finished. Eek, I am running out of time, too! Catch you later, crafters!
Challenges I am entering:
Stempelsonne challenges - Anything Goes
Inspiration Destination - Anything Goes
Wonderful Wednesdays - Anything Goes
Clear It Out challenges - Use your stash
Tiddly Inks challenges - So Sweet (although the image doesn't have a sweet treat, the book behind it is a Bailey Cates Magical Bakery Mystery called Bewitched, Bothered & Biscotti)
Get Creative challenges - Mother's Day
Stamps & Fun = Creativity - No Cards (bookmark) eine lesezeichen

8 comments:

Dreja said...

Toll gemacht. Danke für die Teilnahme bei der Stempelsonne.
LG Dreja

JanR said...

What a sweet bookmark. I adore the little hearts. Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks.

Kuni said...

Beautiful card.
Thanks for joining us at the Stempelsonnen challenge.
Hugs
Kuni

Tanjas-Kreativstueble said...

a wonderful bookmark
thanks for joining us at SFC

hugs
Tanja

Michelle said...

This will make fun to use in a good book.
Thanks for playing with us at Inspiration Destination.
Hope we see you again and good luck.
xxx Michelle (DT)

Kim Heggins said...

This is so sweet...what an adorable bookmark and would make such a sweet gift and make me want to read just a bit more. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Get Creative.

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

What a cute idea. I wouldn't want to tuck this beauty inside a book though! Thanks so much for joining our Sweet Challenge at Tiddly Inks. Good Luck x

Anonymous said...

Great idea , super cute .Thanks for joining Chocolate Coffee and Cards for challenge # 90 Spring has Sprung. DT - Crystal