PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, February 9, 2015

Inching My Way toward a New Outlawz Greetings Challenge

Today the Outlawz Greetings asks crafters to measure up--by using INCHIES on their projects! I made a few inchies to decorate my card ala subway art theme. Then I colored up and cut out my image from DeeDee's Digis.
The image sheet is called "Whole Latte Love" and comes with two different latte cups and several sentiments. I used the sentiment "a little love to go." My paper used to be 12x12 patterned paper for scrapbooking, but I found a piece in my stash and used it for my card. I liked the mosaic look so much that I made my inchies from 1 inch squares of the tiny blocks, matting them onto gold cardstock. I placed a few of them into the design on my paper, and arranged the rest to continue the design on the card. 
To make the to-go cup pop (literally), I cut two slits and eased the edges of the cup cover into them, bending my image forward to give it the look of a rounded cup. I placed a sweethearts brad into the cup, and added a couple more around my "canvas." I added some pearls and a flower as embellishment and my to-go card will be standing on my hubby's desk when he gets up on Valentine's Day.
DeeDee's Digis is but one of several sponsors this month at the Outlawz Greetings challenges. She has some awesome stamps for sale!
So, crafters, grab your choice of ink and let's see you create a project using inchies. Don't forget that to qualify for prizes at the end of each month, you must use a sentiment on the front of your project.
Happy crafting!
Other Challenges I am Entering:
ABC Challenge Blog - C is for Cupid
Card Mania - Add Some Red
Sisters of Craft - Anything Goes
Words2Scrapby - Do something Different(Inchies and a pop-up feature-cup)
All Sorts Challenge Blog - Love is All Around
Not Just Cards - ANything Goes #12

5 comments:

BobbisTreasure said...

What a cool way to use inchies! Thanks for playing with us at Words 2 Scrap By!!

Nannieflash said...

Gorgeous card love your image and design. Thanks for joining us at ABC, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Sybrina K said...

Love the graphic look that those inchies gave your card! And, kudos for the pop-up element of the card. Thanks so much for playing along with our do-something-different challenge at Words 2 Scrap By!

susiestacey said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'All You Need is Love' challenge and good luck x Susan x

scrapfantazje said...

Lovely card! Thank you for participating Card Mania Challenge. Good luck:)

Marzena DT