PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, December 8, 2014

Patterns and Bling Are the Thing at Outlawz Greetings Challenge

Another Monday, another fun challenge at the Outlawz Greetings Challenge! This week crafters are asked to "USE THREE PATTERNED PAPERS AND SOME BLING." My three patterned papers are the background/base layer, the (roller coaster) border of Christmas lights, and the strip of fun colored dots. I blinged my image with a pink Sakura gel pen.
After adding the sentiment, I had this somewhat large "pink space" that begged for embellishments, but not too much or the card would tip into the gaudy awards section. So I used a small pink feather. I have a box of them in all colors that I love finding ways to incorporate on cards.
My image is from this month's Outlawz Greetings sponsor, Lacy Sunshine. The image is called "Coco's Holiday Ornament." I rummaged in my stash of stamped sentiments and found just the right one, I think.
If your patterned paper stash is overflowing, take it down a notch by using three pieces on a card with some bling. Then you can play in the Outlawz Greetings challenge this week!
Challenges I am entering:
The Corrosive Challenge Blog - Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion blog - Non-Traditional Christmas
The 12 Months of Christmas Card Link Up - Christmas cards
lOVE TO cREATE cHALLENGE bLOG - nON-tRADITIONAL hOLIDAY cOLORS

4 comments:

Penny said...

Love the papers you combined with your cute image & sentiment, Pat! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Jackie Randolph said...

So cute, with your papers and design. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Love to Create Non- Traditional Holiday colors challenge.
Hugs'
Jackie LTC~owner

Unknown said...

Lovely card! Such a cute scene you created for the lovely image. Thank you for joining our "Non-Traditional Holiday Colors" Challenge at Love to Create this week.
Ruza ~ LTC Designer
Ruza's Craft Corner

Unknown said...

What a cute card! Love all the shapes you used.

Thanks for entering Craft Your Passion Challenges.

Kim
Craft Your Passion
{Craftisan Studios}
{Design Team Showcase}