PagesPat's Ponderings

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Altered Journal for POP Challenge

I so love the guest sponsor for the Path of Positivity's challenge this month. Sparkle & Sprinkle has the most beautiful images with which to play, and today I played!!
I used their image called Danielle-Hat Lady and altered a notebook. My sentiment reads "It's easy to stand with the crowd...it takes courage to stand alone."
This sentiment is perfect for the plans I have for my altered notebook. I don't understand why people wait until January 1 to "make resolutions" to improve their lives. How many of us change our life plans once the school year begins? I for one work at a private school and am the program assistant for the night classes we offer. Our year started in late September, and my work load and my hours changed drastically (I'm going to miss those Fridays off).
I like to start my "new year" with, not resolutions, but a journal of new experiences I encounter, experiences that will make me stronger, healthier, even more courageous. So why not celebrate each little victory (last year I went ice skating for the first time on my life) by keeping track of them all in a beautiful journal that I altered with this lovely SNS digi image?
I colored my stylish lady with Copics, then fussy-cut her and Mod Podged her onto this beautifully-decorated journal. Then I wanted to inspire myself to take bold steps and giant leaps along the path of courageous new experiences by adding the sentiment. I also added embellishments in the way of the black flourish border, the butterfly charm and the bird outline. Not too many, as I want to take my journal along the path with me and capture the moments of courageous adventure immediately, so I couldn't make it too bulky.
Now that's it's done, what should I try that's new and interests me? Maybe I'll take a Yoga class (or Zumba?). Maybe I'll take a road trip all by my lonesome. Maybe I'll forget my fears of how I look and attend my high school reunion (don't ask, let's just say there will be a lot of grey-haired ladies and balding men). Whatever path I take, wherever the path leads me, I will take my courage and my little adventure journal with me. I hope we meet along the way!
But before I start, you should know the wonderful prizes that are offered with this Path of Positivity Challenge:
Sparkle N Sprinkle is the sole sponsor for this challenge:  They are offering up three prizes for this challenge, which will be:Three digital images for the post or project that the DT deems most inspiring of the bunch.
  • Three digital images for a person chosen in a random draw based on all entrants.
  • Three digital images for a project or post that best displays the concept of courage in a creation meant for a breast cancer survivor (since it is breast cancer awareness month).
There will also  be:
  • One digital image from Creative Bug Digital Stamps for each person chosen as a DT Delight.
  • One digital designer paper (made to order in a few different ways) from Décosse's Dynamite Doodles for one lucky voter who leaves a comment.
  • One digital sentiment for every single person who enters the challenge.


No comments: