PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, September 1, 2014

Guess Who's Gone Digital with SBP's Newest Challenge?!

Hello, lovely crafters!  It's time again for a new challenge at SBP Challenge blog. The theme is TAGS and the sky's the limit. You can create a tag, or create with tags! You can ink them, paint them, fold them, create a tag-shaped card, alter a tag, use tags on layouts, altered art, mixed media canvas...well, you get the picture!
Our guest sponsor this month is Lisa from Decosse's Dynamite Doodles, and with her help and the help of my daughter-in-law, I have been brought into the 21st century with digital crafting! I had not yet jumped onto the digital bandwagon. 
First, I had to purchase Photoshop, which I finally did last Christmas by using a couple Amazon gift cards. But every stinking time I tried to do anything in it, I was left with disappointment, frustration and anger. I knew nothing about layers, and couldn't figure out how to get them, how to have fun with them, and how to put everything together. There were no You Tube videos out there on my Elements 12. Finally, I had my daughter-in-law over and we were able to mix it up and save things. I am still a newbie, and I need to practice and experiment every day, but I am finally having fun. And to prove it, here's my very first ALL DIGITAL layout, using elements from Lisa's fabulous Tag Grab Bag 1 Cotton Candy Collection. I used Flower 6 from the Floral Accessories, Button 2 from General Accessories, "With Love" from Sentiments, and of course Tag 11 from Patterned Tags to qualify my layout for the challenge. I made them into a continuous border. Once I got the arrangement finished, I popped in a photo and added text.
Okay, while I am over the top with my layout, I know that it is very basic and could use some tweaking, but the last time I created with Lisa's digis, I printed them up and fussy cut out everything on my project. And you can still do that!! That's what's great with digis--you can create with them no matter your tech level!!Meanwhile, this is it (nudge)--TAG< YOU"RE IT!!  Your turn to create or craft with a TAG for some awesome prizes. The challenge rules have changed so best read up on them before you link up.And as always, happy crafting!

1 comment:

Tammy Miller said...

Pat, got your email about sponsors on Bugaboo pls email me at bugaboosponsor at zoomtown.com