PagesPat's Ponderings

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Identity Crisis

Had some time to play in my art journal today so I thought I'd share my page. Growing up I always heard comments like "You have your mother's eyes" or "you have your father's chin."
I got to thinking, if most of me is someone else, then who am I? Which then inspired me to create some art on that exact theme.
I decided to run with a collage page, because my sketching skills are sadly lacking.
I used Tim Holtz Distress paint dabbers for the background and edges, adhered my magazine pieces, drew a chin and wrote the words.
I've been itching to get back to my art journal and am happy to finally have the time. Now maybe I'll pull out my water colors and create something along that line. Whoop, whoop--today's going to be a great day!

No comments: