PagesPat's Ponderings

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Pot Full of Posies

I'm getting the hang of this water coloring thing! I just finished this pot full of posies and signed my name to it! I painted the vase and shadow first on dry paper for the sharp lines, then softened them with water and a small brush.
The posies came next, then the greenery. Still need to work on dimension, but I think I'm coming along. Let me tell you, good paper and liquid watercolor paints make a big difference!
I'm keeping my paintings in a watercolor art journal that measures about 6x10, so I can get two "canvases" out of one sheet each time I paint.
I sometimes keep the paper whole so I can hang it up if it "works." What size paper do you work with? Do you keep your paintings in a journal or hang them up or what? Inquiring minds want to know!!

No comments: