PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, February 24, 2014

A Squigglefly Recipe

This week Squigglefly offers crafters a recipe challenge: Use a Squigglefly image with patterned paper, buttons/brads AND twine.
I used Squigglefly digi image Tiger by artist Enid Barnes. The drawing is so life-like that you don't have to be an experienced artist to color it. I just swiped it with Copic YG04.
I fussy-cut it out and framed it with cardstock and then patterned paper (to match its eyes). For my base, I used a dollar store journal whose cover was Kraft paper. I covered the covers with Basic grey patterned paper. After popping on my image, I applied sticker alphas to read ROAR, then embellished with jewels and buttons. I finished my altered journal by tying bakers' twine to both edges of my front cover, as well as using coordinating fibers to the spine. 
Now to explain the use of the word Roar:  Some girls don't ROAR out loud; sometimes they can only ROAR in the privacy of their own thoughts.  I know a very quiet girl who could use some ROARing lessons, so to start her off, I made this journal for her, so she can ROAR all she likes on paper.  She is also a big Katy Perry fan, so the following lines are for her as well:

"I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter, dancing through the fire 

Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me roar.."

(lyrics copyright of Katy Perry)
Your turn to ROAR with Squigglefly's Recipe challenge.  All participants get a randomchance of winning free digi's!!  And if you haven't started your Squigglefly digi collection yet, pick up some FREEBIES.

3 comments:

Holly Young said...

Wonderful job Pat! How awesome you came up with that great quotation from someone she likes. It is perfect for her journal! I love the fire in the tiger's eyes too!

Linda W. said...

Oh Pat - how does your mind work so beautifully? Never would I have thought of making a journal and a tiger and coming up with such a great quote! You are quite the artist, sistah!!

bumblebee creations said...

love this Pat!