PagesPat's Ponderings

Saturday, January 11, 2014

QKD Card Today

Hey, crafters!  I have a fun card to show you today.  I stamped up a Queen Kat Designs image called Frog Queen by the lovely and talented Sandra Caldwell.   I love this image and have used it often.

After coloring it with Copics, I framed it with cardstock first and then with another square piece of cardstock whose corners I punched (with my favorite punch).  I popped it onto a base of stitched cardstock and embossed paper.

I embellished with an acrylic sentiment, a couple stray beads and some sequins.  I like the look of the card.  the scene almost looks like an alien queen from another planet selfie!!  I have a friend who loves frogs so this card is going straight to her mail box via snail mail.

Do you still mail out cards or letters?  I do.  There's nothing more satisfying than getting mail out of the mailbox to open and read.  I try to send my grandkids mail, even if it's just a card.  The youngest, Bella, loves getting mail addressed to her (she's 6).


1 comment:

Holly Young said...

Pat, your card is really cute and sure to please your frog loving friend. I agree with you about it looking like an alien with the background you created!