PagesPat's Ponderings

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

I'll Have a Blue Christmas Without You

It's getting down to the wire and I still have a few more Christmas cards to make--yikes!1  Luckily I have a bunch of new Christmas images with which to make them, including this darling one from Queen Kat Studios.  Her name is Christmas Girl, designed by Milky Cat Studios, and she looks so blue.  She's waiting patiently for her fiancee.  She's hoping to set the date for their wedding tonight.  She's wondering if she could have everything ready for a June wedding...

But I digress...back to my card.  I decided to make a side step card, covering it with leftover patterned paper and distressing the edges with CTMH "Ocean" ink.   I snagged some beautiful cardstock border stickers from K&Co last year for PENNIES and the white poinsettias are just a small part of the package.

A handmade flower from my crafting friend Shannon (thank you again) brings more teal into my card.  I embellished with a metal brad sentiment and some pearl flourishes, both items from my Christmas stash from years ago.  A smidge of Stickles gives my card a little shine and it's done!

Check out all the new releases at the QKD Shop-there's a sale going on, so get over there now!


No comments: