PagesPat's Ponderings

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Happy House Mouse Holidays!

I belong to a group on .Ning that posted a challenge to use a House Mouse image on a commercial Christmas card.  We could use any HM image and embellishments of our choice.  Here is the card I made.  I used a card I received this year (thanks, cousin Art) and an image called "Silent Night."

After coloring my image with Copics, I cut out two of the four mice on the stamp, singing in front of one of the snowmen.  I placed them where I think the snowman on my commercial card is looking.  These merry mice are singing sweet carols to their snowy friend, and he seems very happy with their songs.

I kept the embellishments simple--some jewels and a holly leaf on the snowman's hat, a few jeweled notes to carry their tune, and a sentiment sticker.

Hmm, I wonder if I can get away with sending it back to cousin Art next year with my artistic changes.  Do you think they'll remember that they sent it to me this year???  Maybe I better send it out to somebody else.

Do you re-gift your cards and/or presents?  I do.  I cherish the people who send me cards, but some of them are too cute to just throw away at the end of the season.  I like to re-fashion these cards for others, like the one I did today.  This one might just go out in the mail today!!

2 comments:

cass said...

After seeing your card in the group, I had to pop over and read about it, you created a wonderful scene on the card.

nwilliams6 said...

Very good idea to use a HM image on a commercial card. I may try this. Your card came out wonderful! Super mix of images. Hope you are ready for Christmas Pat and that is really special. Many hugz!