PagesPat's Ponderings

Friday, September 6, 2013

House Mouse Goes to School

With all the cool school supplies on sale this month, it's easy to snag some great deals on items to be altered, like this mini composition book.  It measures 4.5x3.5 inches and is perfect to showcase a House Mouse image like this one.

I belong to a crafting group on PaperCraftPlanet called House Mouse & Friends, and there is a swap going on for group members.  I finished mine and wanted to post it here.  I think the image is called "Morning Song" but I could be wrong.

I colored it with Copics and fussy-cut it so that it would fit on this small canvas.  I covered the notebook with some fun music sheet patterned paper and added some upholstery ribbon to the spine.
I distressed my page with distress ink and acrylic paint.

I added some leaves so that my tree stump would be anchored to the scene.  A couple musical acrylic stickers added to the song theme I had chosen, and then i stamped the sentiment "Just a Note."

A couple pebble stickers completes my altered mini composition notebook.  I had fun with this, and if I can get to Staples, will purchase more to alter!  This one is a little bigger than theirs, but it cost a dollar for just one, and Staples offers a pack for a dollar--nuff said! LOL

Whatever you do, whether scrapbook, make cards, sew, paint or make altered art, do it with a song in your heart!!

2 comments:

D said...

Your altered composition book is BEAUTIFUL Pat!

nwilliams6 said...

Such a great book! You did a wonderful job and the image is soooo cute! Well done. Hugz!