PagesPat's Ponderings

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Happy Halloween Crafting!


My newest passion this Halloween is crafting mussie tussies.  This one features a QKD September release called "Witchy" by artist Kathy Cyr.  Isn't she too cute??  Which makes her perfect for a Halloween Treat Holder.

I colored Witchy with my Copics and then fiussy-cut her out and put her aside to "rest" while I built my tussie.  I covered a toilet paper roll with Halloween patterned paper, then adhered the bottom closed.

After attaching some fun Halloween ribbon for the handle, I adhered this gorgeous black bat ribbon from fellow DT member Holley Barnhart to make a bottom and top border.

I decided to keep the embellishments simple so my image is the thing showcased on my project.  A jack-o-lantern sticker and a haunted house "woodie" set the scene.

Before adding the image, I used Copic YR02 to draw a "path" from the house to my little witch.  I adhered her with dimensional tape and my mussie tussie is ready to fill.

So what do you think:  candy for a co-worker, or embellies for a fellow crafter??  The possibilities are endless!!

If you need inspiration with your Halloween projects, check out the QKD store for new stamp and digi releases as well as some fun ideas.

No comments: