PagesPat's Ponderings

Saturday, July 20, 2013

T MINUS SIX DAYS AND COUNTING

My son's wedding to celebrate the sacrament of marriage is coming up this Friday.  My new daughter-in-law, co-mother-in-law, daughter and I have been very busy!!  We are all crafters (I love that he is marrying one of "my kind."

Cami, my DIL, has made all the centerpieces, the bridesmaids bouquets and the Table Numbers.  Her mom has made all the rest of the flowers, and made some amazing cards and favors for the shower.  I have been busy making the following items for this event:

I bought a paper mache chest for the cards that guests will drop into the box.  Using black acrylic paint, distressing it while still wet, and rubbing some Tim Holtz distress inks, I gave the "straps" on the chest a leather look.

I used patterned papers and Mod Podged them onto the chest, front, back sides and bottom.  I used black ink and rubbed it onto the edges for an aged look.

I also distressed the brads and lock with inks and distress embossing powder.  Then, since the wedding has a tropical theme, I added a couple star
fish, and before gluing the box partially open, I attached
strings of pearls hanging out of the chest.

Another project I finished was the ring bearer's pillow.  Nothing more than to hot glue another large star fish onto the pillow and tie ocean charms onto the ends of the ties.
I think I previously posted the boutonnieres for the groomsmen, but here's where my daughter's help came in.  I made the prototype and she put them all together.  Here's a photo of the boutonnieres with a "steal of a deal" from Hobby Lobby.

The starfish decoration was on 80% clearance.  Both were colored purple, which is the bride's favorite color (her sash is called regency Purple) and is mounted to a piece of white-washed wood.

I placed the boutonnieres in small white boxes and tied them up with lace (like the guys will appreciate that touch).
I'm still working on the tent cards that will become Table Assignments.  Each card base is a different set of colors depending on the entree choices of the guests.  Their name and table number will be printed on the front.  All that's left for me to finish these is the actual table assignments, which I hope we work on this weekend!

I'll have more pictures next weekend!


1 comment:

luvmycards.blogspot.com said...

Pat that Chest and all your other goodies are Amazing!! I too created and created for DD's wedding with the aisle flowers and all. It is a daunting task isn't it but SO worth the effort! Well Done!
CArolyn