PagesPat's Ponderings

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Summer is Almost Here

Well, today was a good day to explore mixed media showcasing a QKD set of digi images from the Queen herself, Vicky D!  The set is called Patchwork Spring and is available in the QKD Shoppe!

I used a manila folder cut to 6x6 for my base, adding a piece of patterned paper.   Next I Mod Podged a square of tie-dye patterned designer napkin, adding some ink to distress it, as well as  the "shadow" cut of a peacock.

After printing the digi set on several pieces of patterned paper, I paper-pieced each flower, adhered it to my "garden" and added stems and leaves.  Same with the butterfly and dragonfly!

I added to the over-all effect with black and white gel pens, pulling out the "bones" of each image, and the highlighting them.  I wish you could touch my card--it certainly has a different "feel" to it!

Have you discovered a technique you want to try?  Did you "pin" something you want to explore?  Now's the time to "get 'er done", and a QKD digi like this set would be a perfect starting point for you!!

Happy crafting!


No comments: