PagesPat's Ponderings

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Just Breathe!


Queen Kat Designs has expanded their line to include digital images!  I am so happy because a crafter has a lot more options with digi's than with rubber (although rubber can never be replaced in my mind).

In order to show you one of the benefits from working with digi's, I made a stair step card using an April new release called "Just Breathe by artist Nora Blansett.  It is perfect for showcasing digital images!!

I printed the image several times in three different sizes.  After I made my step card base, I colored all the flowers with my trusty Copics.  On the back face of my card, I used one 3x5 sized image.  The middle "step"   uses two wallet sized prints, and the front of the card uses four of the smallest prints I can get using Microsoft Windows Picture Manager.

Once the flower images were in place, I embellished the dark blue background, first with inked edges in white, and then adhering some flourish diecuts and pearls for a fantastical "night sky in the garden" look.  I had a leftover metal charm from Tim Holtz Ideology which reads, "Reality has limits. Imagination is boundless."  It was the perfect sentiment to go with my use of Nora's flowers!  Using her digi's, in fact any digi's, erases any boundaries you might have with a stamped image, as you can see above!

A couple silk ribbon roses and a few more pearls and my card is complete.  It can be folded flat for mailing, and then stood up for presentation.  I love the look of this, and plan to give it to my neighbor, who is a Shakespeare fan and loves the play, "A Midsummer Night's Dream".  I like to think that my garden of flowers would fit right in with the fairies and flowers that Shakespeare dreamed up.

Go check out Nor'as newest release, Just Breathe, in the SHOPPE.  While you're there, look at all the wonderful stamps and digi's and tear down those crafting boundaries with some inspiration from Queen Kat Designs.  Once you do, show it to us on the QKD Facebook Page.  Happy crafting!!

4 comments:

Kathy Bradley said...

Gorgeous - wow - I love it and your step card showcases the images wonderfully.

nwilliams6 said...

OM Gosh - this is BEAUTIFUL! You picked the perfect card shape for those gorgeous flowers. What a wonderful creation. Love it! Hugz!

Unknown said...

this is gorgeous. I love it!

Charlene Mitchell said...

Pat, this is absolutely gorgeous! And you're so right - this showcases digis beautifully (coming from a digi addict!!!) Love this stunning card . . . and going to check out the store!