PagesPat's Ponderings

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Bloomin' Bookmark


Hello, crafters!  Today I have a pretty bookmark using a Queen Kat Design's April release called "Four-eyed Flower".  The image is designed by the talented artist Sandra Caldwell.

I thought this glasses-wearing posy would look great in a book.  I used a magnetic bookmark base from Stampin Up and created an ATC-sized card base that fits well on the magnet.  I kept my embellishments to a minimum so that it would lay flat in the books I read.

DO you like to read?  I love mysteries by Joann Fluke and Carol Higgins Clark, as well as biographies and the witty writings of Carl Hiasson.  But my all-time favorite books are The Stand by Stephen King, The Number of the Beast by Robert Heinlein, and The Crystal Singer trilogy by Anne McCaffrey.

Do you have a favorite book you like to read more than once?  Tell me what your favorite reads are and I'll choose a random commenter and send you my Bloomin' Bookmark.

Meanwhile, Four-Eyed Flower would look perfect on your own bookmark!!  Or you could make a card with Sandra's image and put it with a book to give to a friend!  For her image, and the rest of the new releases this month, check out the Shoppe.  There's nothing like some new images to make your day bloom!

2 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

What a darling bookmark - love that cute image and your colors! I love, love, love to read. I read a lot of different things when I can find the time. I don't like to read books over and over very much, but I have read Inspiration Sandwich by SARK a bunch of times as I find something new in it each time I pick it up. I like mysteries and Sci-fy and love when books have both. Cute idea my friend! Hugz!

Pat said...

nancy, message me your snail mail address (or email it to me at patacake1956@yahoo.com) and it is yours! Thanks for leaving some love!