PagesPat's Ponderings

Thursday, December 13, 2012

House Renovations

A while back I posted a photo of a candy container that I had embellished for a Halloween gift for my mom. In fact, I made four of these and gave them away to my sisters, mom and new daughter-in-law, filled with candy corn.





When I gave them to my family, they were delighted with them.  Then I haphazardly made the comment, "And you can change it out for Christmas in December."
Well, I received my mom's back, with a request to "change it out for Christmas".  I wonder if I should expect them all to come back for changing out now?!
Well, here is the same house, now decked out in all its Christmas finery.
I switched out the patterned papers with CTMH Christmas collection.  I also used some Martha Stewart gingerbread man felt border.  The flower is handmade by my very talented friend, Shannon.  (I used the last of the ones I had, so I'll have to visit her Etsy shop for more)  I added a few snowflake and sentiment stickers and filled it with mints, which are one of my mom's favorite sweet treats.
Since Christmas is just over two weeks away, I had better finish off my handmade projects and start wrapping those presents I have already, or I just might be caught working as hard as Santa Claus on Christmas Eve this year!
Happy crafting!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is great! What a neat idea