PagesPat's Ponderings

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Holly Fairy in Red

I had so much fun with this new Queen Kat Designs December release stamp!!!  The stamp is called Holly Fairy and is by artist Catherine Swinford.  The first card I'm showing you is a simple corner fold card.  I stamped and then embossed in red on some CTMH double-sided Christmas patterned paper.  I left the coloring to a minimum to let some of the pattern show through.
When I folded the corner, I knew I wanted to layer it with red cardstock to frame the scene.  I put a bling snowflake where I would normally have put a big blossom, and added a few sprinkles of jewels.  Then I pulled the whole scene together with some faux stitching around the edges.
My sentiment is a metal tag from Tim Holtz Idealogy Word Bands, reading: "Possibility begins with Imagination".  Very simple, very pretty, very easy!!  And it will go in the mail at regular postage rates!  That's a win-win card!
QKD is releasing some gorgeous fun stamps this month--go check them out at the Shoppe!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Pat, I love the color choices, sh isa marvy angel. festive, nice art.Jean