PagesPat's Ponderings

Friday, September 14, 2012

Tropical Wedding Layout

Last month, my son married the love of his life.  Since he is signing up for the next deployment, they decided they couldn't wait to tie the knot, but they didn't have enough time for "the big day".  So they planned a simple civil service for now, and will celebrate the sacrament of marriage when he returns.
The ceremony was held at our local lake, and his godmother, my sister, officiated.  Family and a few close friends were invited.
After the ceremony, hubby and I raced home because the reception was in our backyard, and stupid me didn't think to cater.  The theme was tropical, so the menu and decorations were in a luau theme.  We even had a Tiki Bar.
I had hired a photographer for the photos at the lake, and depended on relatives to take enough pictures at the house to satisfy everyone.  I just got some of my nephew's pictures developed and put together my first layout, which is in a shadowbox frame, now hanging in our living room.  I used a few photos and some of the items I made for the day, along with embellishments that show off the tropical theme.
The background is a piece of linen, and I hot-glued the straw and shells to the bottom.  Most of the photos and memorabilia was adhered with 2-sided tape, and the lei, being plastic, had to be glued on with some scotch quick dry glue.
The best part?  I placed it along the wall where my large mirrored shadow box shelf and a register clock hang, and all three pieces match perfectly!
So now I'm a grandma to five grandchildren, as my new daughter-in-law had four of her own.  The house comes alive with the sound of laughter and music and love when they visit.  I am so happy for my son!!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

What a great story and a meaningful layout!

Holly Young said...

This is gorgeous. I love the sand and shells along the bottom. Very happy for your son and for you!