PagesPat's Ponderings

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Got a Black Magic Woman


Today I made a card using part of the Voodoo Child stamped image by artist Charles Bristow.  The image comes complete in its own gorgeous frame and a ripe Halloween moon, but on this card I wanted to fussy-cut her and enlarge the moon.

I used some leftover patterned papers I received in a swap, cutting one into a kind of short fence border at the bottom of the card.  Some beads and skulls decorate the black wrought-iron of the fence, pieces cut from a lovely bit of lace from the spoils of our own Holley's trip to Turkey.  Leftover seed beads decorate the nightscape, as well as a few wisps of shimmery clouds in front of the moon (gotta love Stickles).

I colored Voodoo Child with my Copics (twice), adhering one straight onto the bg paper and another on top of it using dimensional tape.  I like the ethereal quality of the scene I created, but next time I need to use a less busy background so my image will really pop out at you (BOO!).  Mwahaha!!
Are you getting your Halloween cards in order?  Pop on over to the Shoppe for more spooky, fun images from Charles and the other talented artists at Queen Kat Designs.  And don't forget to join us for the 13 Days of Halloween Customer Blog Hop.  Sign up on our Facebook page now!

1 comment:

Lisa Minckler said...

LOVE IT! Incredible layering and the scnery is just terrific. Super job on this card. :)