PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, August 20, 2012

Friendship Blooms

I was so excited to open up my package from Crafters' Companion!  Not only did I order some goodies for myself, but I had won the new Morehead clear stamp set called "Raindrops".
The monthly challenge at Crafters' Companion Challenge Blog is FRIENDSHIP.  So today's card features my flower-holding girl, face hidden by her over-sized rain hat.  I colored her with a combination of Spectrum Noir markers and Copics, and used a bit of Stickles to make her shimmer.  I also stamped her onto patterned paper and paper-pieced her outfit onto the image.   Then I fussy-cut her out and popped her onto some fun cartoon paper featuring the Peanuts gang.  I don't know of a tighter group of friends who have lasted through the years!!
After framing my image, I added some pearls and an extra sunflower.  I had some last few pieces of purple papers in my file drawer (hurray, my stash is going down!) and finally added a bit of fiber to the corner of my card.
I don't know if you can see it, but I also used a tiny border stamp from the same set in silver ink at the top of the Peanuts paper, since I had to cut out the original raindrops from my girl.
Have you discovered Crafters' Companion stamps and supplies yet?  This summer they have been giving away tons of prizes, and there have been some terrific sales, too.  The challenge prize for August is a $30 gift certificate!!  Oh, boy, I have my eye on that prize!!  But I'm a generous crafter, so I'm sharing this info with you. LOL!  You have until the last day of the month to enter to win!!

7 comments:

Stacy H-W said...

So happy you like your new stamp!! What a wonderful job you did making this card with her!!! GORGEOUS!! I love the paper piecing you did and the fun Peanuts paper you used. Great job Pat!! Stacy H-W

Unknown said...

This is so sweet, Pat. Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Crafter's Companion Challenge Blog this month!!

LaJanette said...

Way CUTE!

Thanks for joining us at Crafter's Companion Friendship Challenge this month:0)

Hugs;
Janette

Tonya said...

This is such a sweet card. I love this image. Thank you for joining us at Crafter's Companion. :o)

Dawnll said...

Such a cutie for sure, wonderful coloring
So glad you could share with us at
Crafters Companion Challenge

{Chrissie} said...

This is such a cute card!!! I love the background, too!

Thank you for playing along with us at the Crafters Companion USA Challenge Blog!

AmyT said...

Pretty card. Thanks for entering the challenge at Crafter's Companion Challenge Blog