PagesPat's Ponderings

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Card Making with the Granddaughters

We're entertaining our new family members after our son's wedding, and while the boys (Tony, Jaylen and Frankie) were on the computer downstairs, we (Me, Bella and Christina)  were sitting at the card table, Copics in hand, stamped images in front of us, having fun.  We each made a Christmas card,  using a QKD stamped image from artist Che Gilson called Peppermint Girl.

Here's my 4 year old's card.  I think she did a great job on using my treasured Copics, don't you?  She even spelled her name on the front of the card.  I like the way she framed the image with patterned paper.  That tiny bow in the corner just makes the card,

Next up is my new granddaughter's card.  Nina is eight years old, and loves to scrapbook (so does her mommy, that's why I love her so much).  Both girls used DCWV Holiday card bases.


I made my card using a card base from the same DCWV set.  After coloring her, I placed her on my card and just threw everything but the kitchen sink onto it.  Some pearls, snowflakes, candy mints stickers, diecut evergreens, candy cane border stickers, and a metal sentiment charm.,  But I like it!!!  Hope you do too!

It's never too early to start making your Christmas cards.  I've got four so far.

1 comment:

Holly Young said...

All of the cards are so cute. I'll bet they had a good time making these cards. They did a really good job on their coloring and picking out papers and embellishments!
Your card is great. I love the red and white cording you used!