PagesPat's Ponderings

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Batty For You

Queen Kat Designs is releasing a fun bunch of Halloween stamps this month so you can get a head start on your spooky cards.  This one is called "Vampire Bat Eye" by artist Nora Blansett.  Bats are definitely part of the spooky fun of Halloween.

Why do so many people like to be scared?  Scary movies, Stephen King books, practical jokes, haunted houses, campfire stories?  I'm getting to the point where I won't even watch a new horror movie anymore.  Getting old?  Sure, but more than that, my imagination has grown in leaps and bounds and my imagination can take any movie or book far beyond where Hollywood and authors stop.

Here, in the safety of my craft room, I stamped my Vampire Bat Eyes images with colored ink, green, purple and orange ink be exact, and filled in with black Copic ink.  I added a bit of white gel ink and some Liquid Glass to each bat eye.  Then I used another set of the same stamps in the same colors to give them a 3D feel, adhering just the eyeball to the card base.

I used Halloween patterned paper from a DCWV paper stack that included the sentiment.  After that, it was just a matter of embellishing with black rub-on swirls, a few jewels and some inked edges.

So, have you started your Halloween cards yet?  When you do, be sure to check out the SHOPPE for the newest and cutest, the funkiest and furriest, the spookiest and sexiest Halloween rubber stamps this year!

2 comments:

Holly Young said...

Fun card Pat! I can't wait for Halloween - hopefully it will cooler then!

Lisa Minckler said...

How fun is this!!!! Excellent Halloween card. :D