PagesPat's Ponderings

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Is It Hot Enough for You?

I don't know about your neck of the woods, but here in Chicago, summer started about mid-May!  We've already broken a few high temp records, with more I'm sure to come.  So much for biking to work!  By the time I get off, it's almost 100 degrees.

So, although I used this gorgeous Queen Kat Designs image by Teal Newcomb called Orchid Wyvern Dragon,  the weather drove me to light him on fire!  The hot reds and oranges of summer days crept into my card with a vengeance.

Of course, I had a little help with another QKD stamp called Fight the Flame.  I stamped that in red and heat-embossed it all in red again.  I also used a piece of DCWV patterned paper from the Fairy Tale line, cutting some excess flames and treating it the same way.  Then I made it pop out with dimensional dots.  Catch more July releases and plenty of inspiration at the QKD Main Blog and on Facebook!

Above the flames I highlighted my fiery dragon, added the sentiment "Hot Enough For You?" and added a jagged corner "just cuz".  So, how hot is it?

It's so hot...I melted on my way home and had to wait two hours before the paramedics scraped me off the sidewalk!!  Where's autumn when you need it??

1 comment:

Holly Young said...

Very pretty card! I love the color! We hear that phrase every year when it starts to warm up, and man has it warmed up! Stay cool!