PagesPat's Ponderings

Friday, May 18, 2012

Anam Stubbington's Pretty Birdie 2.0

          (Looking for the Hop?  Go down one post please)

I can't seem to stop coloring Queen Kat Design's stamped image "Pretty Birdie" by Anam Stubbington.  The image just lends itself to so many different venues. 
Here, I made a distressed card of many layers in shades of brown and yellow, yet the bird flames with color.  I colored her with Copics and shimmered her with Stickles, and she is surrounded by ink and torn paper and muted tones and sewn borders. 
I don't often use embossed backgrounds, and even attached a medallion and baker's twine, two firsts for me.
I like the worn yet vibrant look to this card, and have to thank QKD and Anam Stubbington for the inspiration!!
You can get your fill of Anam and all the talented artists at the QKD Shoppe.  Don't forget to check out the Gallery for all the designers' cards to inspire your Muse!!!

2 comments:

Holly Young said...

gorgeous card Pat!

Becky said...

Beautiful design.