PagesPat's Ponderings

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Going Green with the Chi

Chi digi images, that is from Squigglefly DesignsFawn Palmer has some awesome images using Chinese characters that you can find at the Squigglefly shop. 

Meanwhile, I am mastering the art of upcycling, cleverly disguised as "cleaning out my stash".  I flipped through my file folder of blue patterned paper leftovers, and found the smallest pieces from which to punch out some circles. 

I punched enough of the same pattern to line my folded card edge with them, folding over half the circles onto the back side.  Then I took some of the same and some coordinatinf circles and made a 3D "balloon" or "bubble" as an embellishment to my card. 
Finally, I printed out my Squigglefly image and cut it with rough edged scissors and gave the edges a bit of the same coordinating color from the circles.
Another CAS (Clean And Simple) card made for my "going Green" project.  Not a lot of the color green here, but wait, there are more days in the month to play...

For the details on the 3D embellishment, I punched the circles and folded them in half, with the pattern on the inside fold.  I took 5 of them and started adhering the folded circles to each other.  After it was "built", I placed it on my card.  I've used this 3D embellishment as flowers as well.

Did I mention I have Blog Candy I am giving away to one lucky person who follows my blog and comments on my posts?  Check out my March 1 posting for the details!

7 comments:

Melissa said...

You've been inspiring me to upcycle and recycle! On most of my cards, if I need to pop dot something, I use the outline of the pop dots (the background that's left after using the actual circle dot, it just has holes in it!) Instead of throwing it out, it's still useable.

Pat said...

well done, Melissa! I do the same, and can even cut strips of it off if needed.

Holly Young said...

Love how this turned out Pat! Great way to use up some of those scraps and the paper is too pretty to toss!

Kathy Bradley said...

Very pretty, Pat!! No matter how hard I try to use up the scraps - they keep multiplying!

bumblebee creations said...

great card-thanks for playing along with Squigglefly!

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Wonderful card Pat. I love that. It's a great friend card, great for men or women, great for those people you really know and for those cards you need for distant friends too. Woo Hoo Hobbyist!

Cheers, Holley

Charlene Mitchell said...

What a great card Pat and love the idea of using up scraps the way you have. Awesome card and love the Chi image on here!