PagesPat's Ponderings

Friday, February 17, 2012

Mushroom Fairy

Queen Kat Designs has some awesome new releases this month!  This beautiful image is called Mushroom Fairy by the very talented Miss Megs.  She is surrounded by fairy dust, and is lounging on her tuffet.  I wanted to give her a more ethereal look, so I colored her a pale yellow.  I wanted the wings to POP, so besides the more vibrant colors, I stamped the image twice and cut out and attached the left wing on a "hinge" of paper, giving her a 3D effect.

Of course, I had to load the card with embellies!  There's a bit of paper doily, some flowers, a few jewels and that lovely pink fiber.  The border on the bottom of the card is actually the negative piece of cardstock cut from when I diecut a daisy border with my Epic Six!

To see all of Miss Megs stamps, and the rest of the QKD February new releases, click on the Shoppe!  Which one is your fave?  As for me, I love them all, and will have to play the lottery so I can buy them all (I'm greedy, I am!).

1 comment:

Holly Young said...

Love the way you did the wings Pat, and your flower is gorgeous!