PagesPat's Ponderings

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Cooking Up Some Love

Long ago, in a galaxy far, far away, I had the biggest crush on my jr. high science teacher.  I worked hard in chemistry to impress him, even to the point of memorizing the table of elements (of course, back then, there were only about a hundred).  So when I saw this new February release from Squigglefly, called Mad Scientist, it brought up those feelings of first love. 
So I made a card with my geeky guy mixing up a Love Potion #9, just in time for Valentine's Day.
Mad Scientist is by artist Chesney Young, and it's a digi image by Squigglefly.  I love the versatility of digi's, in that you can flip the image from left to right, and make him any size you want.  With the right software, you can even print him in colored ink.
I used a lot of pinks on my card, because I found this irresistable lipstick-smooched patterned paper leftover from last year.  I only had a few small pieces, so framed them and my image with black cardstock on my 6x6 card base. 
I printed the title "Love Potion #9" for the connection to my past, and added a simple paper flower, made by the very talented Anna.
What do you think?  I found out my first crush is a principal at a school in my state.  Should I send it to him with my confession???
Meanwhile, back to reality.  Come play with me at the Squigglefly challenge blog, or you can check them out on Facebook and SNR Card Universe!  Just remember to keep crafting!

5 comments:

Holly Young said...

How cute and fun this card is Pat! I love the smooch paper! Oh don't you know if he got this card with your confession it would make his day?! LOL!

Melissa said...

Love that image!!!

bumblebee creations said...

Love your card Pat!

Tammy said...

Fun card and great image! Love the background you created.

Shawna said...

Cute! Love all those lips. I mean kisses. :-)