PagesPat's Ponderings

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Crafting Christmas Day 13 - Putting on the Glitz

I have been dying to break out my Crafter's Companion stamps and make something SHINY!  That's what the CC Challenge Blog is asking for this month: a card or project that uses a Crafter's Companion Stamp and Make it Sparkle.
I had an idea to make a Christmas wreath using some CDs from my stash, but circles and I have never been too friendly.  Then I saw someone use plastic lids of assorted sizes and made a wreath out of them.  Well, darn if I couldn't find my inspiration again, so I just tried to piece a wreath together myself.  I stamped, colored and cut out the four images from the Cute Companions Christmas Magic stamp set by Jayne Nestorenko and the CC inspirational team.  I like the way they are designed, as you can use them to create ornaments, or to put together with another stamp from the set to make snow globes.
So once I used my Creative Memories circle cutter on the images, I was able to cut out three more sizes of circles for my wreath.
I cut out a chipboard circle base on which to adhere my circles.  I started with the largest, all made from CTMH patterned papers (thanks, Melissa) and placed them on the base, using some dimensional tape on some but not all the circles.  Once I had them all down, I started adding snowflakes and stars and bling. 
Did I mention that my images ooze shimmery Stickles?!  Here's a close-up of one of them.
Yes, you're right, I even Stickled some of the lines on the patterned paper circle!

Of course, having put a shine on the images, I couldn't leave my white snowflakes to be ignored, now, could I?
 
No, I thought you'd agree with me!  So for the several snowflakes I added to my wreath (thank you, Linda) I added Diamond Stickles, jewels, and Skittles.  

Here's a close-up of one of the many snowflakes I added to the wreath, highlighting the extra glitz I put on the whole project.  I hope you like my recycled, upcycled paper wreath.  i also hope you have time to join in the December challenge at the Crafter's Companion Challenge Blog.  Their prize is da' bomb!!  And as always, keep on crafting!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Perfect! Love it!

D said...

Stunning wreath Pat! I love your stamps and coloring. The sparkles are fabulous too. Thanks for sharing your project with us at Crafter's Companion USA Challenge blog!

AmyT said...

Adorable wreath. Thanks for entering the Crafter's Companion challenge blog

Khristen said...

I love the fun colors on the wreath, and all of that sparkle! Thanks for playing along at the CCCB!