PagesPat's Ponderings

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Weekend Getaway

Although a month late, hubby and I made our escape to celebrate our 35th anniversary, arriving at Port Washington, Wisconsin late Friday afternoon.  We stayed at the Harborview Holiday Inn, my personal choice of hotel in Port Washington.  I've been there with my mom and sisters when we go on our girls' weekends away, twice a year.  The room has a Lake Michigan view from the 5th floor, luxurious bathroom, cable TV, microwave and mini fridge, and the hotel has a great pool and jacuzzi.

We walked, went bowling, visited the Vines to Cellar winery and sampled and bought for ourselves and Christmas presents.  The wind was strong, the trees almost bare of foliage, and the air a bit nippy, but it was relaxing and beautiful along the shore.
It was all in all a boring but stress-free weekend, which is what we both needed!  We're both ready to tackle the work week ahead of us with a fresh outlook, and can't wait to plan another getaway, maybe when it's a bit warmer and we can enjoy the walking more! 
Before I forget, I want to wave hello across the lake to my friends on the east coast of Lake Michigan!!!!

No comments: