PagesPat's Ponderings

Friday, November 25, 2011

Serenade on the High Seas

Here's another card featuring the QKD release "Owl and the Pussycat" by Shona MacDonald.  This time I have the romantic couple sailing out to sea at night.  I colored the image with my Copics, and used Stickles and Liquid Glass to give the water and a few other details a little glitz.  I framed it on a piece of cardstock and placed it on my card with dimensional dots, after covering the bottom half of the card with some teal webbing.
The sentiment was stamped from another QKD set called Witch Sisters from Marlon T, and cut it out to give it the look of a moon with some ink distressing and Stickles.
Finally, I added some tiny seashells to the webbing, and my card is complete. 
All the patterned paper and cardstock was taken from my leftover stash, which I have vowed to use up by end of year.  I don't know if I can keep that promise, as I still have a full file drawer full of pieces to use!  But I'm working at it.  It's step number 6 in the Paperholics 12 Step program.  Yes, my name is Pat and I am a paperholic!!
Meanwhile, check out the new releases QKD has released during its fifth birthday celebration, and make out your Christmas Wish List before its too late!!