PagesPat's Ponderings

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Only 51 Crafting Days Until Christmas


Christmas Magic from Crafter's Companion
I almost said shopping days, but when we're crafters, sometimes we can make much better than we can ever buy!  So today I made an Advent calendar for my granddaughter.  She visits us every weekend, so she gets to open up several drawers in a two day period.  What does that mean to me?  Not too much candy, just lots of stickers and other surprises.  Don't want her jumping on the walls, now, do I? LOL
I was asked to be a guest designer over at Crafter's Companion, so I wanted to showcase not only one of their marvelous stamp sets, but also one of the many projects that can be made with their Ultimate Crafter's Tool.
The Advent Calendar is a project presented on their Advanced Construction Techniques DVD, and the stamp set I used is from the Cute Companions Collection, called Christmas Magic.  I used the Ultimate Tool to make all the drawers, sliders and bases for the calendar.I used buttons for the drawer pulls, sticker numbers for each drawer, and embellishments from my stash of Christmas leftovers on each of the four sides.  
I topped my Advent Calendar with an easel card, which is also super easy to make with the Ultimate Tool.  I chose images  from “Christmas Magic” and made a snow globe.  I wanted my snow globe to crown my card, so that when it is open and standing up, the snow globe is not propped up against a paper background, so I adhered just the bottom of it just below the fold line on the front of the card.  Snowflakes that I punched from white cardstock adorn the patterned paper.  I used one of the two sentiments that are in the set: “May the Magic of Christmas by yours”.
Crafter's Companion has a new challenge for November.  It is to make a card or project that celebrates a holiday.  My Advent Calendar fits right into the challenge.  So hop on over to their blog and play!!

No comments: