PagesPat's Ponderings

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Let There Be Peace on Earth...

Wow!  I can’t remember ever spending most of any day in tears.  The memorial anniversary of the terrorist attack on our country is filled with personal horror stories, heroes' untold stories, children’s sorrows, families’ grief, emotion-charged photos and videos, and my personal memories and feelings.  Although I did not know anyone lost that day personally, I have good friends who did, and “…any man’s death diminishes me…”  My prayers, tears, well wishes and heart go out to all of us for our lost innocence, but mostly for those who felt the tearing apart of their families and their own hearts.

Photo by Getty images/pool

I snagged a photo off the internet (credit given under the photo) that I think says it all, but it was heart-wrenching and almost impossible to choose from so many.  Let this day be a day of remembering, of honoring, of forgiveness and fresh starts, for peace on earth, for tolerance, for recognition of heroes, for healing.

No comments: