PagesPat's Ponderings

Friday, July 22, 2011

Three day Weekends

I love having Friday off.  The weekend is more relaxing, for not having to try to cram in all the errands, housework and fun into that tiny 48 hour slot.  Take today, for instance.  I had the leisure to make a 6x6 card to cheer up a friend.  It uses Hambo digi image Mosquito in a monochromatic color scheme for their Hambo Hoedown weekly challenge, and it also uses a sketch from Mojo Monday Challenge Blog!
I colored the image with Copics: 100 (black); B12,95;G00 & BG10,15,72.  He's shining with the Black and Icycle Stickles I used, as well as some Liquid Glass.  His eyes are popping because I used a pair oif google eyes.  I cut the image intoan oval using my fiskars cutter, framed it with coordinating paper, and followed the sketch found HERE at the mojo Monday challenge blog
The sentiment comes from the Quote Garden.  The inside of the card finishes off the quote with "...you've never been in bed with a mosquito."
All the patterned papers and cardstock were pulled out of my magic hat, which is cleverly disguised as the file cabinet where I keep my leftover stash.
Enjoy YOUR weekend!

4 comments:

Hey Hey Paula said...

Cute card. Love the shades of blue & the sentiment is perfect for this image. Thanks for playing. Enjoy your 3 day weekend!

Melissa said...

Love the google eyed mosquito!

Judy Rozema said...

This is so cute!!!

Beverly said...

Blue is one of my favorite colors to use on cards.. I love this one and those eyes are great! Love the quote.. perfect for the image!