PagesPat's Ponderings

Friday, July 15, 2011

It Was Raining Cupcakes Today

And they were ALL sugar-free.  That's right, zero carbs, chocolate and vanilla and sprinkles and frosting and I was just about to grab a box to catch a few in...
...and then I woke up!
Of course, this dream could have stemmed from the gatefold card I made for the Hambo Hoedown.  Their challenge is to make a gatefold card using one of their images and sentiments.  I won a free digi-image from them a few challenges back, and I chose the one that inspired my card, Raining Cupcakes digi.  You can shop for it HERE or grab a freebie HERE.
I printed my image twice, so that I could cut out my umbrella girl and a couple extra cupcakes and pop them out with dimensional dots on top of the full colored iamge.  I used Stickles and Liquid Glass to shine up the scene, and colored it with Copics: E00,35,37; Y15,17; YG03; G94; BG10; B95; R29 & RV00 & 04.
For my gatefold card, I cut a piece of cardstock 4.25x11", and scored each short end at 2+3/4".  I framed my card with patterned paper from paper Pizzazz and framed my image with the same yellow cardstock as the base.  Some jewels from Michael's Recollections and a grossgrain bow from Martha Stewart finishes off my card on the outside.
On the inside, I printed the sentiment that comes with the digi-image and cut it out with a Nestabilities Labels Four die with my Epic Six.
Now I need to go back to sleep and dream of carb-free cupcakes while you play along at the Hoedown at the Hambo Challenge Blog!  Have fun and happy dreams!

6 comments:

Beverly said...

Really fabulous.. I can't believe all of those cupcakes - WOW!

Hey Hey Paula said...

WOW! Love your card & all of those cupcakes! Great job on the challenge. Thanks for playing.

Unknown said...

Sooo cute!

Holly Young said...

How cute! I think I'm pretty glad it doesn't rain cupcakes or I'd never fit under the umbrella!

Sheila said...

I love your card! I'm gonna have to CAS this one! =)

Sheila

http://2pawprints.blogspot.com

Marcie Sharp said...

This diabetic would LOVE LOVE LOVE sugar free cupcakes!! Instead, I'll settle for how SWEET your card is. I looooove it! Thanks for playing along with us at the Hambo Hoedown!!