PagesPat's Ponderings

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I Brought My Mojo On

Life is very stressful at the moment.  I have a daughter who just passed her summer school drivers' ed class and wants to drive, well, EVERYWHERE.  I have an adult son who is recovering from major surgery at home.  Work is a bear, and the heat is melting everything in its path.
So I go to my restful, Zen Den, my craft room, and let my Mojo work its wonders on a new card to destress me.  Mojo Monday Challenge Blog has a new challenge.  To play along, I made a project using the provided sketch.  They let you use any brand of stamps you like and enter as many cards as you wish. They're adding a prize for every 50 entries up to a maximum of eight and each randomly chosen winner will receive a $25 gift certificate to  Verve Stamps!  What a great challenge, what a great way to win!!
So here's my first entry, using the gorgeous stamp set Humphrey from Crafter's Companion Stamps.  I used a little poetic license with the sketch, but the sense of it is still there, and I think it turned out well.  of course, when you're using a set like Humphrey, it's hard NOT to get a great caRD OUT OF IT!
I colored the image with COpics: V000,04; Y11,17; YG03; G94 & C1
I cut it out with my Creative Memories Circle Cutting system and framed it with PostIts adhesive backed paper. The lace came from a rummage sale, the bow is Martha Stewart grossgrain ribbon bows, the sticker is K&Co and the rest of the papers are leftovers from my stash.
CHALLENGES:
Craft Your Passion - Text It

2 comments:

Olena said...

Just Beautiful! Olena

Anonymous said...

Oh this is so cute! I love this card.
Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Passion this week.
Good Luck!
Hugs xx
Pat GDT for July