PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, May 2, 2011

A Tisket, a Tasket a Heart-filled Basket

After working Sunday at two First Communion liturgies, my heart is filled with love and hope and faith. So I colored another Heart Basket digi image from Hambo Stamps and made a card. There's a young girl who made her First Communion yesterday who holds a special place in my heart. Her name is Reggie and she is battling Juvenile Diabetes. We started getting to know each other better when I was diagnosed with Type II diabetes. Now that classes are over, I'm going to miss her, and look forward to seeing how much she has grown when classes resume in the Fall.
Meqanwhile, I made this card using her and the Hambo digi image as my inspiration. I just caught a wonderful packm of patterned papers at a rummage sale and found this delectable paper of purple flowers (I call them snowballs) to use as the background. Her dress was full of lace with tiny white flowers all over, so I added the lace in spots and added some handmade flowers (thank you, Anna).
I colored my image with COpics: E00; V09; RV09,11,34; R29 AND B63
I pieced three layers of the image together for dimension, and glitzed the hearts with CTMH Liquid Glass and Stickles brand clear glitter.
The inside of the card carries the sentiment "Sending All My Love", which is also a digi image that cpomes with the heart basket from Hambo Stamps.
This card is entered in their Hambo Hoedown challenge this week, which asked for one of their images, along with lots of lace and flowers. i think I got the lace and flowers down, don't you??

1 comment:

Karin said...

I love the different colored hearts in that sweet little basket! Great job on the challenge, I love all those flowers :) Thanks for playing along at the Hoedown :)