PagesPat's Ponderings

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Location, Location, Location!

Have you ever sold your house and looked for another one? The realtor is always saying Location is the most important factor. Well, this guy must have got a great deal for his "piece of the rock!! Although it appears the neighbors are ready to welcome him!
This card features Moonscape digi-image PLUS Eye Monster-digi image, both from Hambo Stamps
I used double-sided patterned cardstock from Gartner for the 6x6 card base. I framed out a piece of CTMH patterned paper with white card stock for my spacey background. I used patterned paper from a rummage sale find to print the Moonscape image onto, embellishing the image with Copics (Y15,17 & YR61). I used dimensional tape to pull it out into space, and added some Stickles to its surface.
I colored Eye Monster with Copics G94; YG03,23; RV09 & 100 (black). I printed, colored and cut him out three times to give him dimension. I covered the center of the image (which is a heart) with a circle-punched sentiment to let the card receiver know that the card giver has moved. I texturized the scene a bit more with a tiny amount of FlowerSoft in the starry sky. I added a few scifi stickers from (shh!) my granddaughter's stash and we're almost ready for a housewarming (overnight guests welcome).
This card fits into this week's Hambo Hoedown at the Hambo Challenge blog. It is to use MOONSCAPE digi-image and any other Hambo image you would like (or none). OPTIONAL: Add TEXTURE somewhere on your project for an out-of-this-world design! If you are new to the Hoedown, or didn't receive Moonscape free this week and are using another Hambo image other than Moonscape, TEXTURE IS REQUIRED for the challenge. Even if you don't yet have a Hambo image, you can get some free here.
Everyone is a winner at the Hambo Hoedown!! See you there!

6 comments:

Cora said...

Pretty fun card!

Karin said...

Hilarious! What a great idea for a moving card!!! What can I say but Out of this World!!! ;) Thanks for playing at the Hoedown this week!

Hannah Clark said...

I love it! What a fun idea for a card! Thanks for joining us at Hambo Hoedown!

Hey Hey Paula said...

Very creative...great idea for a moving card.

Monica Hunter said...

What a fun idea for a moving card! And the title of your post paired with this card made me LOL. Great job with this Hoedown challenge! :)

Melissa said...

Your card is inspired! Perfect for a moving card....Though I bet the mover's cost would be outta this world! LOL Thanks for dancin at the hoedown this week!