PagesPat's Ponderings

Friday, April 22, 2011

Can't Stop Coloring this Midget King


I was asked to make treats for my granddaughter's dance class next week. I found a bag of these cute round plastic containers that are a perfect size for small treats, and couldn't resist coloring up a few more King-digis from Hambo Stamps. I printed them as small as I could while still giving me room to fill in with color, which I of course did with my Copics (100, E00, E35, Y17, B12) and my new fave, a Zig Brushables in English Lavender, perfect for creating shadow and dimension.
The beautiful flower was created by a crafting friend from Scrapbook PlaCE Yahoo Group. You should check them out, we're a group a friendly creative women who enjoy making new friends, swapping materials and having fun.
The rest of the items used were leftovers from my stash. I am REALLY trying hard to use my things and not buy new, but it is SOOOOOO difficult when companies like Queen kat and Hambo and Crafter's Companion and SOOO many others keep presenting lovely new items to buy, buy, buy!!!! LOL Did I mention I am in love with Mami Doodles and Whiff of Joy and...well, check out the list on the right, there are some great links there!
Back to my project, there are six girls in the dance class, and I have just enough containers for them. I think I should make a larger item for the instructor!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

The girls will love their little boxes!

Judy Rozema said...

So adorable!

Monica Hunter said...

Very very cute! What a fun idea for treats! Thanks for joining our Hoedown again this week! :)

Melissa said...

You have had some great fun with the King! Such a cute idea for a treat!