PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, May 31, 2010

Prayers and thanks to all who serve and have served



Well, looks like the steaks will be cooked inside, as the torrential rains sweep across my little neck of the city. A good day to put things to right inside the house, and to spend a bit of time remembering all the people I know (and don't know)who are in the military, who are serving in the Mideast, who are retired from the service, who served their country in peace and in war, and finally those who gave their lives believing in peace and justice.
I have a total of 74 cards that I finished to send to our troops overseas, so they can send home their letters and well wishes with homemade cards instead of plain paper. The last of them are pictured above.
Both I and my husband served in the Army ( along time ago in a glaaxy far far away), as well as my father-in-law (navy) and my sis-in-law (army). Soon, my son will spend his time protecting us and our global neighbors, as he starts his Army Reserves career (fingers crossed).
Some time today please think good thoughts and gratitude to all who serve and have served, and the hope that those away come home in one piece.

No comments: